Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Taste and Tattle Tuesday: BBQ Fun!

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the late post, but it's time for another Taste & Tattle Tuesday!



Okay, most of us love a good hamburger, but it's fun to change things up now and then. I recently had a BBQ with friends, and I was in charge of side dishes. Well, I wanted to do a play on a hamburger, so I made meatballs, flattened them into patties, and turned them into sliders. So, take your favorite meatball recipe (Mine is secret. Shhhh!), fry them up, melt some provolone (or mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, or whatever your fave Italian Cheese is at the moment), and put 'em in a bun!




Had I had more time, there's what else I would have done:

Naturally, I would have made a marinara sauce to accompany the sliders. You could spoon a little on yourself or set it out for your guest to use as a dip. I also would have used different bread. Hamburger buns are fine, but I would have bought some Italian baguettes, sliced them up, and toasted the slices. It would have made it much more Italian and, well, better :) 




Enjoy!! Feel free to share your favorite meatball recipes in the comment section below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a "bite" of time to leave a "sweet" comment!